© 1998-2016, Palestinian Media Watch, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction permitted, with the following attribution:
© Palestinian Media Watch – www.palwatch.org
PA salaries to terrorists
Abbas meets with families of terrorists, promises to compensate those whose homes were destroyed by Israel
Al-Araby Al-Jadeed (UK Arab news website) - Feb. 4, 2016
"Abbas promises to compensate the families of the Jerusalem Martyrs for their homes"
Sources in the Jerusalem Martyrs' (
) families and in the National Campaign to Return the Bodies of the Martyrs (
) confirmed that President Mahmoud Abbas promised to compensate the Jerusalem Martyrs' families for their homes, which the occupation forces demolished or damaged. The sources confirmed that President Mahmoud Abbas ordered his assistants to begin the procedures to compensate the Martyrs' families for seven homes. Two of them were demolished after the outbreak of the popular ‘Rage [of Jerusalem] Uprising’: The home of Martyr Baha Alyan, and the home of Martyr Alaa Abu Jamal, into which they poured cement, while five of the homes that were demolished belonged to Martyrs and people who carried out operations (i.e., terror attacks) before the October 2015 uprising.
President Mahmoud Abbas met yesterday [Feb. 3, 2016] with a few family members of Jerusalem Martyrs, among them the fathers of Martyrs Baha Alyan, Ahmad Abu Sha'aban, and Alaa Abu Jamal, the father and cousin of Martyr Hassan Manasrah, and [the fathers of the Martyrs] Thaer Abu Ghazaleh, Muhammad Abu Nimr, and Mutaz Awisat…
Advisor to the president [Mahmoud Abbas] on Jerusalem matters Ahmed Al-Ruweidi stated to Al-Arabi Al-Jadid: 'President Mahmoud Abbas shows great interest in the matter of the Jerusalem Martyrs' bodies, which the occupation state is holding on to. He has already raised the matter more than once in international forums."
Jerusalem line 78 bus terror attack
- On Oct. 13, 2015, two Palestinian terrorists, Baha Alyan (22) and Bilal Ghanem (23) boarded Israeli bus no. 78 in Jerusalem's Armon Hanatziv neighborhood with a gun and a knife and attacked passengers, killing Israelis Haviv Haim (78) and Alon Govberg (51), and wounding 4 Israelis. Alyan was shot and killed by an Israeli security guard at the scene and Ghanem, a Hamas terrorist who served time in Israeli prison in 2013-2014, was wounded. Two weeks after the attack on Oct. 27, a 3rd victim in the attack, Richard Lakin (76), died from his wounds.
Alaa Abu Jamal
- Palestinian terrorist who deliberately drove his car into people standing at a bus stop on Malchei Yisrael Street in Jerusalem on Oct. 13, 2015, hitting three people. Yeshayahu Krishevsky, 60, was killed and the other two were injured. Abu Jamal then got out of his car and started stabbing people, wounding others. The terrorist was killed by a security guard. He was a relative of the terrorists who murdered 5 worshippers and a policeman in the Har Nof synagogue in Jerusalem in November 2014.
– a 23-year-old Palestinian terrorist, resident of East Jerusalem, who stabbed a 72-year-old woman outside the Jerusalem central bus station on Oct. 14, 2015. Sha’aban injured the woman and tried to board a bus with passengers in order to continue his attack. He was shot and killed by an Israeli policeman who was at the scene.
Pisgat Ze'ev stabbing attack
- On Oct. 12, 2015, two Palestinian terrorists, Hassan Manasrah (15) and Ahmad Manasrah (13), stabbed Yossef Ben Shalom (21) in the Pisgat Ze'ev neighborhood of East Jerusalem, and then repeatedly stabbed Naor Ben Ezra (13) who was riding his bike. Hassan Manasrah was killed while fleeing the scene, and Ahmad Manasrah was shot by Israeli police and hospitalized. Both victims of the attack were seriously injured. The terrorists, who were cousins, came from the nearby Palestinian neighborhood of Beit Hanina.
Thaer Abu Ghazaleh
– a 19-year-old Israeli Arab who stabbed 5 Israelis with a screwdriver, including a female soldier, a 60-year-old woman, and a man and woman in their 40s, in Tel Aviv on Oct. 8, 2015. He was shot and killed by an Israeli soldier.
– Palestinian terrorist who ran toward Israeli security guards near the Damascus Gate of the Old City of Jerusalem with a knife in his hand on Nov. 10, 2015. He was shot and killed by one of the security guards.
– 16-year-old Israeli Arab terrorist who drew a knife when he was stopped by Israeli soldiers who wanted to search him in Jerusalem on Oct. 17, 2015. Awisat was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers.
PMW report: The PA's billion dollar fraud
PMW report: The PA's billion dollar fraud
PMW on Facebook
Follow PMW on Facebook
PMW on Twitter
Follow PMW on Twitter
PMW report on PA Antisemitism - Overview of 2015
PMW special report: PA Antisemitism - Overview of 2015
directly from PMW
PMW report on PA education
A recipe for hate and terror
Gaza War 2014
See PMW coverage of the war
Report: PA salaries for terrorists
Presented to Dutch, UK and German parliaments
Videos & TV
Op-eds & books
© 1997-2016 Palestinian Media Watch