© 1998-2019, Palestinian Media Watch, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction permitted, with the following attribution:
© Palestinian Media Watch – www.palwatch.org
Dozens of terrorist murderers serving life sentences for murdering over 100 people honored by Fatah at championship named after arch-terrorist Abu Jihad
Facebook page of the independent Palestinian news agency Al-Hadath - May 1, 2018
Images and text posted on the Facebook page of the independent Palestinian news agency Al-Hadath
“Today, Tuesday, May 1, 2018, the Fatah Movement’s Bethlehem branch organized the Martyr Khalil Al-Wazir [Abu Jihad] and Loyalty to the [Bethlehem District] Prisoners [Futsal] Championship, with the participation of 28 [Fatah] sub-branches in the Bethlehem district and in the presence of families members of Martyrs and prisoners from the district… At the end, family members of the prisoners from the Bethlehem district who are serving life sentences were honored.”
The cover image of the photo album in this Facebook page shows a poster of the championship. At its top is the Fatah logo that includes a grenade, crossed rifles, and the PA map of “Palestine” that presents all of Israel as “Palestine” together with the PA areas. On the right is a picture of arch-terrorist Abu Jihad.
Abu Jihad (Khalil Al-Wazir) - a founder of Fatah and deputy to Yasser Arafat. He headed the PLO terror organization's military wing and also planned many deadly Fatah terror attacks in the 1960’s - 1980’s. These attacks, in which a total of 125 Israelis were murdered, included the most lethal in Israeli history - the hijacking of a bus and murder of 37 civilians, 12 of them children.
Text on poster:
“The Palestinian National Liberation Movement ‘Fatah’ -
Martyr Khalil Al-Wazir ‘Abu Jihad’ and Loyalty to the [Bethlehem District] Prisoners [Futsal] Championship
Tuesday, May 1, 2018”
The images show Fatah honoring the family members of terrorist prisoners from the Bethlehem district who are serving life sentences.
The family members are pictured receiving an honorary poster featuring a picture of the prisoner in the middle, terrorist Abu Jihad on the left, and former PLO and PA Chairman Yasser Arafat on the right. Under Arafat is the Fatah logo, and under it the Dome of the Rock. At the bottom are masked men holding assault rifles. On each poster is the name of the terrorist and the date of his arrest, with the exception of the poster of terrorist Ali Abu Hleil – the text on his poster is noted below. The prisoners who were honored included the following:
Ali Abu Hleil
- Palestinian terrorist involved in two suicide bombings on buses in Jerusalem - one on Gaza Street on Jan. 29, 2004, in which 11 were murdered, and one on Emek Refaim Street on Feb. 22, 2004, in which 8 were murdered. Over 100 people were injured in the two bombings. Abu Hleil is serving 21 life sentences.
On Abu Hleil's poster is also written: "Heroic prisoner Ali Abu Hleil - life sentence"
- terrorist who is serving 21 life sentences for involvement in the two suicide bombings mentioned above.
Mahmoud Salem Sarahneh
- Palestinian terrorist who sent four suicide bombers to carry out three attacks in Jerusalem in 2002 in which 14 were murdered, and one in Rishon Lezion in which 2 were murdered. Jerusalem attacks: in the Beit Yisrael neighborhood on March 2, 2002, 11 murdered; in the Kiryat HaYovel neighborhood on March 29, 2002, 2 murdered; and on Neviim Street on April 1, 2002, 1 murdered. Rishon Lezion attack: May 22, 2002, 2 murdered. Sarahneh is serving 17 life sentences.
- Palestinian terrorist who drove suicide bomber Muhammad Al-Shouani to Jerusalem's Beit Israel neighborhood where Al-Shouani carried out a suicide attack on March 2, 2002, murdering 11 people. Hajajreh is serving 12 life sentences.
- Palestinian terrorist and member of a Tanzim (Fatah terror faction) cell responsible for the murder of 9 Israelis - 5 soldiers and 4 civilians - in shooting attacks between October 2000 and March 2003, and for the murder of 3 Palestinians they suspected of collaborating with Israel. Al-Amour is serving 11 life sentences.
- Palestinian terrorist and head of the Tanzim (Fatah terror faction) in Bethlehem who was responsible for a number of attacks in which 8 Israelis were murdered. Abayat was arrested by Israel on Aug. 24, 2004 and is serving multiple life sentences. PMW was unable to confirm the number of life sentences.
Hamza Omar Shamarkha
- Palestinian terrorist who sent suicide bomber Andalib Takatka to carry out an attack at Jerusalem's Mahane Yehuda outdoor market on April 12, 2002, in which 6 were murdered, and more than 80 wounded. Shamarkha is serving 6 life sentences and an additional 20 years.
Mahmoud Abu Sorour
- Palestinian terrorist who participated in planning and carrying out the assassination of Israeli security agent Haim Nachmani on Jan. 3, 1993, in Jerusalem. Abu Sorour is serving a life sentence.
- Palestinian terrorist and member of the Tanzim (Fatah terror faction) involved in four shooting attacks in the West Bank from 2000-2001, in which 5 Israeli security force members were murdered. Abayat is serving 6 life sentences.
The posters from left to right are of the Israeli Arab terrorists Musa Sarahneh, Khalil Sarahneh, and Ibrahim Sarahneh.
- Israeli Arab terrorists who drove three suicide bombers to attacks in Israel in which 5 were murdered.
Together with his wife, Irena Sarahneh, Ibrahim Sarahneh drove a suicide bomber to carry out an attack in which 2 were murdered and dozens injured in Rishon LeZion on May 22, 2002; with his brother, Musa Sarahneh, he drove suicide bomber Ayyat Al-Akhras to carry out an attack in which 2 were murdered and 28 wounded in Jerusalem on March 29, 2002; and with another brother, Khalil Sarahneh, he drove a suicide bomber to carry out an attack in which 1 was murdered in Jerusalem on April 1, 2002. Ibrahim Sarahneh is serving 6 life sentences; Khalil Sarahneh is serving 1 life sentence and 20 additional years; and Musa Sarahneh is serving 1 life sentence.
- Palestinian terrorist and Fatah member who was the commander of a terrorist cell that attacked 5 civilian buses in September 1985, wounding 16 passengers. He also issued the command to murder Zalman Abolnik in March 1984, and Meir Ben Yair and Michal Cohen in July 1985, and took part in the murder of Mordechai Suissa and Edna Harari in October 1985. Al-Tous is serving 1 life sentence.
- Palestinian terrorist who carried out a stabbing attack in the Gilo neighborhood of Jerusalem on Oct. 23, 2008, murdering 86-year-old Avraham Ozeri and injuring a police officer. Al-Badan is serving 1 life sentence and an additional 14 years.
Click to view bulletin
PMW report: Fatah's official Facebook page in 2018
A platform for glorifying murder and promoting terror
PMW report: The Rajoub File
PMW report: The Rajoub File
PMW report: The PA's billion dollar fraud
PMW report: The PA's billion dollar fraud
PMW on Facebook
Follow PMW on Facebook
PMW on Twitter
Follow PMW on Twitter
PMW on YouTube
Subscribe to PMW's YouTube channel
PMW report on PA Antisemitism - Overview of 2015
PMW special report: PA Antisemitism - Overview of 2015
directly from PMW
PMW report on PA education
A recipe for hate and terror
Gaza War 2014
See PMW coverage of the war
Videos & TV
Op-eds & books
© 1997-2019 Palestinian Media Watch